This is Robyn’s home. She rents it out from time to time for a minimum 7 night stay. Its subject to availability so please enquire. Robyn explains why she chose to live where she does….
- “Im the type that likes a little privacy. And yet, living somewhere too remote can become a headache in the end. My home is private yet very close to Oneroa, Waiheke’s only village. I live on 7 acres in a peaceful retreat with jaw-dropping sea views – when visitors first arrive, the views hit you in a continuous wave. No matter how stressed you just were, the view takes care of that heart-rate immediately. Its always lovely seeing people’s reactions when they first walk in.
- It has its own private beach accessible from steps from the property. I like private coves – sunbathing, swimming and hanging out on my deserted beach that nobody can get to but me. It has an overhanging tree that I sit under, negating the need for a sun umbrella. All I have to do is take my towel, and a book. I sunbathe down there under the dappled light of the pohutukawa lacey leaves, and I get my Vitamin D needs met in the most sublime way possible. The sea cleanses me, I feel refreshed, regenerated, and invigorated after swimming in my private cove.
- Back at the house, its like living in an outdoor room. The walls are made of windows, and they can all slide back so that you’ve simply got a roof over your head. I can wake up in the morning and completely peel back two walls of my bedroom. My bed is now outside, and my environment has just joined me in my bedroom. I make a coffee on my espresso machine, and jump back into bed to caffeinate the day. Birdlife just seem to love the lawn right outside my bedroom. Ducks, Oyster Catchers, pukeko’s (NZ native bird), finches & magpies all seem to believe its their property too.
- I can light the outdoor fire when I have guests around. I put my favourite music on the outdoor speakers and subject my children to 70’s music which only I know the words to…at first, but now they have begun to sing along 🙂
- I sit in my cliff top spa pool and I look down to the rocks below. I’ve silently witnessed Orca, Dolphins, kingfish and more Oyster Catchers just going about their daily business. I have sat there for hours looking at sunsets, looking at star constellations and talking about the meaning of life with whoever might be willing to listen to me. With family, I find the spa pool is the new dinner table. Friends and family gather, and talk. My children relax and it is here that I connect with them best.
- I do the coastal walk nearly every morning. (Ok, I do it 3 times a week when I’m being really well behaved and need to lose weight) It’s beautiful! It’s stunning! Its the best coastal track in the world! You would think I would do it every day…but sometimes life intervenes. I love that coastal walk, you would not believe what good ideas have manifested while doing that walk! The scenery is spectacular and again, it just forces you to be present.
I rent out my home and I go away, but before I go and before you come, I can tell you all the best spots for just about everything on this island, as I have been a local here for 25 years .. and counting. Its a minimum stay of 7 nights. 7 nights that I’m pretty sure you will find incredibly memorable.
The house has 4 bedrooms, and a TV room with 70″ big screen TV for when you want to catch the latest on Netflix or sky. Sky Sport and Movies are complimentary.
- Access to two beaches: Steps to private beach on right, walk down hill to public beach on left
- 4 Bedrooms, 2 with Ensuites, 2 with shared bathroom.
- 1 kayak
- Seaview from every room
- Bath, Outdoor Spa Pool
- 2 Fireplaces, one indoor, one outdoor
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Internet, TV, smartphone connection to speakers
- Excellent fishing off the rocks below – its a secret spot for local fisherman. Rods available
- Spectacular coastal walk from property
- 5 minutes drive to the village, ferry and cafes, 2 minutes to Mudbrick Restaurant
- Private, secure gate access accessible by code only
- Helicopter landing available on site.
The Owner’s Retreat accommodates a maximum of 8 guests and it is available for a minimum of 7 nights.
Sorry no functions permitted.
$2500 per night (7 night minimum)
Contact us for a better rate for longer stays.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation within 28 days of arrival date: 50% forfeit of the deposit paid. Cancellation within 14 days of arrival date: 100% of the total booking price. 50% Non refundable deposit required to secure the booking
5 minutes drive from Matiatia ferry, 12 minutes drive from Kennedy Point Vehicular Ferry.
Car-hire is available at the Matiatia ferry terminal from Waiheke Rental Cars. Ph 372-8998, www.waihekerentals.co.nz
Make a Booking
To book The Owner’s Retreat please phone or text me on 021598053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a 7 night minimum stay requirement on this property.
The Owner’s Retreat Availability
Just a quick note to thank you all very much for a great day on Saturday. I loved it and my guests did too. Those who had been before said they never tire of it and those that hadn't wondered what had taken them so long. It was perfect and the sun even shone. So thank you and your team for all your/their work. Kind regards Megan
Owner's Retreat Experience Couldn't rate it more highly, spotless, pristine, natural, beautiful environment. Superbly reno'd house, as a get away, is there better anywhere ... absolutely outstanding ... congratulations Mudbrick. Mark & Sue Bennett
September 2014 Just to let you know we had a great night and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves - really appreciate your help to pull this together for us. regards Ken Mihell Wholesale Fuels Territory Manager Mobil Oil New Zealand Limited
I would just like to thank you for making our daughters 30th birthday a beautiful day. She and all the guests had an amazing time and loved the cake. We would recommend you to anyone. Thanks so much.
Re Seaside Cottage We had a fantastic weekend away! We found the beds comfy, the house well set up and the spa was awesome! Thanks again.