Why is The Owner’s Retreat amazing? Well its my home (Robyn’s) so possibly I am biased! Here is why I have chosen to live where I do:
- Its completely private yet very close to Oneroa, Waiheke’s only village. I live on 7 acres in a peaceful retreat with jaw-dropping sea views – when you first arrive, the views hit you in a continuous wave. No matter how stressed you just were, the view takes care of that heart-rate immediately.
- It has its own private beach accessible from steps from the property. I like private coves – sunbathing, swimming and hanging out on my deserted beach that nobody can get to but me. It has an overhanging tree that I sit under, negating the need for a sun umbrella. All I have to do is take my towel, and a book. I sunbathe down there under the dappled light of the pohutukawa lace, and I get my Vitamin D needs met in the most sublime way possible. The sea cleanses me, I feel refreshed, regenerated, and invigorated after swimming in my private cove.
- Back at the house, its like living in an outdoor room. The walls are made of windows, and they can all slide back so that you’ve simply got a roof over your head. I can wake up in the morning and completely peel back two walls of my bedroom. My bed is now outside, and my environment is now part of the inside. I make a coffee on my espresso machine, and jump back into bed to caffeinate the day. Birdlife just seem to love the lawn right outside my bedroom. Ducks, Oyster Catchers, finches & magpies all seem to believe its their property too.
- I can light the outdoor fire when I have guests around. I put my favourite music on the outdoor speakers and subject my friends to 70’s music which only I know the words to.
- I sit in my cliff top spa pool and I look down to the rocks below. I’ve silently witnessed Orca, Dolphins, kingfish and more Oyster Catchers just going about their daily business. I have sat there for hours looking at sunsets, looking at star constellations and talking about the meaning of life with whoever might be willing to listen to me. With family, I find the spa pool is the new dinner table. Friends and family gather, and talk. My children relax and it is here that I connect with them best.
- I do the coastal walk nearly every morning. (Ok, I do it 3 times a week when I’m being really well behaved and need to lose weight) It’s beautiful! It’s stunning! Its the best coastal track in the world! You would think I would do it every day…but sometimes life intervenes. I love that coastal walk, you would not believe what good ideas have manifested while doing that walk! The scenery is spectacular and again, it just forces you to be present.
I rent out my home and I go away, but before I go and before you come, I can tell you all the best spots for just about everything on this island, as I have been a local here for 25 years .. and counting. Its a minimum stay of 5 nights – 5 nights that I’m pretty sure you will find incredibly memorable.
The house has 4 bedrooms, and a TV room with 70″ big screen TV for when you want to catch the latest on Netflix or sky. Sky Sport and Movies are complimentary, and wifi works.
- Access to two beaches: Steps to private beach on right, walk down hill to public beach on left
- 4 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- 1 kayak
- Seaview from every room
- Bath, Outdoor Spa Pool
- 2 Fireplaces, one indoor, one outdoor
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Internet, TV, smartphone connection to speakers
- Excellent fishing off the rocks below – its a secret spot for local fisherman. Rods available
- Spectacular coastal walk from property
- 5 minutes to the village, ferry and cafes, 2 minutes to Mudbrick Restaurant
- Private, secure gate access accessible by code only
- Helicopter landing available
The Owner’s Retreat accommodates a maximum of 9 guests and it is available for a minimum of 7 nights. Ask for a better rate for longer stays.
Sorry no functions permitted.
$2000 per night (7 night minimum)
Contact us for a better rate for longer stays.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation within 28 days of arrival date: 50% forfeit of the deposit paid. Cancellation within 14 days of arrival date: 100% of the total booking price. 50% Non refundable deposit required to secure the booking
5 minutes drive from Matiatia ferry, 12 minutes drive from Kennedy Point Vehicular Ferry.
Car-hire is available at the Matiatia ferry terminal from Waiheke Rental Cars. Ph 372-8998, www.waihekerentals.co.nz
Make a Booking
To book The Owner’s Retreat please phone or text me on 021598053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a 7 night minimum stay requirement on this property.
The Owner’s Retreat Availability
Hi Imogen and team, Thank you very much for a perfect day on Friday 4 December. We thoroughly enjoyed it all, from the friendly welcome, wait staff, drinks on the terrace and of course superb food to follow. Thanks to all staff involved for making it the best end-of-year function for us at Viranda Holdings Ltd
Lovely cabin amidst vineyards. Great view and peaceful location. We loved it! Host was very friendly and thoughtful and Jill who welcomed us to the property could have have been more helpful ! We could not get our rental car on the ferry that was fully booked and she kindly picked us up and drove us to the property and even enquired for us about rental options on the island, thanks again !
Thank you for a lovely stay at what was a delightful cottage with superb views. Jill was very kind to forward on the couple of small items we left on the washing line.
We run a couple of holiday let properties back in the UK and so know how hard it is to keep them to the right standard.
Owner's Retreat Wedding Sarah and I wanted to say thank you so much for letting us stay and get married at Owner's Retreat. The house is just fabulous, the whole process was so simple and straightforward and you were very accommodating. Thank you all so much and I'm sure we will come back some day to enjoy it all over again! Ben & Sarah
Hello. We came to eat with you about 3 weeks ago. I just wanted to say thanks so much for an amazing meal and the additional complimentary touches you had provided on the day. We loved coming back, the food was delicious and we'll certainly be coming again soon. My brother and his family loved the place and it felt just like it was our wedding day all over again! Thanks so much! Sunil Sawant